Evaluation of Sleepiness
This module instructs technicians on the acquisition and scoring of the MSLT and MWT. It discusses the various questionnaires, excessive sleepiness and other tests related to the evaluation of hypersomnia.
Upon completion of this module students should be able to:
* Know the proper indications for performing MSLT and MWT studies
* Understand the protocols and montages required to operate these studies
* Know how to prepare the patient for the study
* Know what is required for proper documentation
* Understand the scoring criteria for the evaluation of sleepiness
Please compete the quiz following the module to receive your CE.
This course awards 1.00 hour of Continuing Education Credit.
Students must be registered in order to receive a certificate of completion.
The American Sleep and Breathing Academy’s online module curriculum has been designated by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as an alternative educational program for purposes of establishing eligibility to sit for the RPSGT exam. The curriculum is not recognized by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) for purposes of AASM facility accreditation.
Those students who have passed the BRPT exam or who are eligible to take the exam under Pathway #2, or those who are enrolled in or graduated from a CAAHEP Program do not need to be enrolled in a module program.