The Vision of the American Sleep and Breathing Academy (ASBA) is an academy exemplifying professional excellence in upper airway, breathing and sleep issues in the burgeoning field of sleep-related Dental Medicine (Dental Sleep Medicine). In order to achieve its vision, the Mission of the ASBA is to:
- Act as an Advocate for patients in the field of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Educate dentists, orthodontists and all other DDS/DMD specialties, such as endodontists, prosthodontists, periodontists, etc. in the field of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Educate allied sleep professionals, Sleep physicians, Pulmonologists, Otolaryngologists, Cardiologists, other medical specialists (e.g. Neurologists, etc.), respiratory therapists, oral myofunctional therapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, physical therapists, naturopaths, dietitians, nutritional counselors, etc. in the field of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Establish the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine by collaborating with regulatory bodies, legal counsel, credentialing organizations and similar entities
- Support the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine by arranging and implementing Board Examinations via an ASBA Board of Examiners
- Promote the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine by collaborating with healthcare bodies, such as the Center for Disease Control, medical insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid and similar entities
- Collaborate with other professional bodies, such as the World Sleep Society, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, American Dental Association and similar entities in the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Liaise with the National Football League, the US military, transport workers’ associations and similar entities to raise awareness of the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine in special risk populations
- Identify reviewed and approved dental laboratories, sleep laboratories and similar entities that support the emerging specialty of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Cooperate in research and development, for example Project Rose, with appropriates bodies such as the Greater Good Fund and similar entities
- Encourage education in Dental Sleep Medicine in Dental Schools, Medical Schools, Hospitals, Medical and Dental Conferences, etc.
The ASBA provides networking opportunities with other members, organizations and political entities, lobbying for improved reimbursements while seeking to lower ever escalating health care provider costs. We offer discounts on educational events and products, as well as accreditations for its members. This organization will help members more affordably lead the way to a new paradigm in sleep medicine with the end goal to improve patient care through education for sleep professionals, sleep centers, patients and the community at large.
Organizers of the American Sleep and Breathing Academy also founded the annual Sleep & Wellness Conference. Educational events for ASBA Members are funded in part by partnership with these organizations. Proceeds from those organizations and educational events are used towards the mission of the American Sleep and Breathing Academy, and its members.
The ASBA is a little more like a concierge Academy. More directly accessible and responsive to members needs. Our focus is to make dentists in sleep medicine more successful.
The Academy’s focus is “practice management” for the dentist, who needs practical integration for their patients, while still working with the medical field to supports them.
|American Sleep and Breathing Academy|
|American Sleep and Breathing Academy
1745 West Deer Valley Road, Suite 112
Phoenix AZ 85027
The American Sleep and Breathing Academy is a not for profit 501(c)(6) trade organization (application pending approval). The mission of this organization is to strengthen the sleep health profession by forming a multi-disciplinary approach to sleep medicine and overall sleep health. The association strives to improve professional networking within the field by expanding the scope of involvement to any healthcare professional or administrator involved in sleep health.